Monday, July 15, 2013

Life As We Know It!






I am settling into my life in Ephraim and it has been an amazing ride so far.  Since I got here the week before pageant I had to jump right into the swing of things without much time to get settled. As assistant staff at Tri-Grace I was expected to teach part of the training sessions the first week of pageant, and it definitely STRETCHED ME.  I was also supposed to give a devotional during our training time on the Power of Prayer.  This caused me to grow in my understanding of God's word and challenged me to seek after God in prayer during pageant.  In fact, I felt led by God to not seek out conversations this year (like I normally would), but instead pray for the people who were hearing the truth of God's word, maybe for the first time EVER!  

Once pageant started I helped lead worship on the pageant streets with Grace and then I settled into my prayer post.  I prayed at the beginning of every night, "God if you want me to speak with someone please bring them to me."  And then I settled in to encourage believers and pray for whoever needed prayer.  I was amazed that every night God brought someone to me to share the Gospel with.

The one conversation that stood out to me was with a man that has heard the truth MANY, MANY times.  I have known him for a few years now and we have had many talks about the truth of God's word over the years.  Normally as I share truth with people I try to be as gentle as possible, but during this conversation I knew God was calling me to speak difficult truth into this man's life.  We talked about his family and how he doesn't want to hurt them by renouncing the church and I turned to  Matthew "but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."  During the next 2 hours I  shared Biblical Gospel truth with him, challenged him on his beliefs, and at the end he left shaken but no closer to making a decision for Christ.  

Please pray for this man that he would not be able to forget the truth of God's word and that he would get off the fence and come into a real relationship with Jesus.






No comments:

Post a Comment