Tuesday, March 20, 2012

LeTU Testimonials 
by Kim Jones

We want to share some of the testimonials written by members of the 2012 LeTourneau mission team. We hope these quotes encourage you as much as they encouraged our staff. Maybe, just maybe, these testimonials will spur some of YOU to come minister with us, too!
___________________________________ 

"This week changed my life... I feel like God has just begun this aspect of my life.  Now that I know what I know, I don't know how I can stay the same... My relationship with God has changed so much- my understanding of God has changed.  Through learning about the LDS I've learned so much about my relationship with God... Everything about this week was incredible.  It was hard, weary, emotional, spiritually challenging and stretching, but it was also wonderful and amazing and life changing." -Dani

"I am personally challenged to know my Bible better not only because of the knowledge of the LDS people, but that also of the team.  It truly is the word of God, and as such it should be part of us.  This trip allowed me to test the boldness that I have in Christ.  For I have been delivered from a spirit of fear, in the past, and had a spirit of boldness.  This trip showed me that I will operate in boldness in every area of my life." -Samuel

"My favorite day was when we went to Salt Lake City.  The experience of talking with "experts" about my faith was a growing experience, and it will stick with me for the rest of my life.  I am definitely coming back!" -Brady

"Thank you for challenging us in our faith- I have never been so challenged to think about why I believe in Jesus Christ and his gift he freely gives." -Nicole

"This week meant so much to me.  It was a week of much spiritual growth... After this week, I believe I will be a much stronger Christian and a much better person.  I also feel like I got to live out the word and challenge my faith immensely.  Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity.  I can tell that the Holy Spirit has blessed your ministry because it not only ministers to Mormons, but also Christians." -Will

"This week was definitely a growing experience and was nothing like I expected.  I'm glad I had an experience of evangelizing because I never really had the courage to step out and speak up." -Erin

"I really appreciated how you all didn't assume we knew anything, but trained us from the bottom up.  As a newbie, I really needed that... While our primary purpose here was to share Jesus, I also found myself learning a whole lot.  This week gave me a clearer understanding of both the gospel and the trinity, and why they matter.  I also realized that this isn't just a battle of minds or something.  God is at work in people's lives, but Satan is too.  I guess this surprised me since I hear people talk about spiritual warfare also, but it's not something I am usually aware of." -Renee

"This week has challenged me in every way possible.  Utah brings a unique look at the heart of people who are deceived.  I would encourage anyone to take the opportunity to experience this place." -Joshua

"This week opened my eyes to the deception that entraps LDS people.  Before this week I did not realize the spiritual problem that Mormonism is.  It touched me very deep that these people do not know any better and that I could have been in the same place if had I grown up as they did." -Samuel

"God brought something to mind.  He reminded me that even if it was the smallest seed in the hardest of hearts, it was worth it.  But even then, He reminded me of the prophets and people in the Bible who did exactly what God wanted, and no one listened; there was no apparent fruit, all that matters is doing what is right and following God." -anonymous

"If there is one thing I learned this week, it is to never put God in a box.  I have seen him open doors where I saw brick walls.  It was such a blessing to see the Lord working in our weaknesses and allowing us to be a part of the advancement of His kingdom." -James

"This week has been one where life change has happened in both camps.  I know that I was challenged by the Lord and the Lord challenged the LDS faith of those that I came in contact with.  I believe that every day this week was put to good use in reaching the LDS people.  This week has changed my life for the better to the point where it has caused me to consider moving out here and helping the LDS people understand the saving power of Jesus Christ.  The way our team was supported was great in the way we were provided with beds and food as well as instruction and encouragement.  I really have nothing bad to say about this week.  All I have to say is that I've been blessed!" -Jordan

"I am so glad I got the chance to come out here!  This week was awesome.  I learned so much about the LDS faith as well as more about how to explain and defend my own faith in Christ.  My faith in Christ was greatly strengthened!  Coming on the trip, I was in expectation of what God was going to do.  After looking back on this week, I can honestly say that God did so much more than I could have expected.  It was so exciting to see God work through me.  My eyes were opened to the deep levels of spiritual warfare that exist in this area.  Not only do I feel more equipped to be mindful of the devil's schemes... This trip renewed my excitement for sharing God's love with others.  Thanks for everything!" -Jonathan

"By far, the most important thing I learned this week is that I can witness to people I barely know, and it doesn't have to be uncomfortable.  I now know how to turn any conversation to God, and that I can have a confidence in sharing my faith." -Renee
___________________________________
What inspiring insights these young adults have! I hope and pray, you will allow God to work through what you've just read... and we'll see you in Utah soon!



Blessings,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment