Thursday, March 8, 2012

The LDS View of God and Man


Thoughts on the LDS View of God and Man

#1

"As man is, God once was; As God is, man may be."

This famous quote of Mormon Prophet Lorenzo Snow is readily accepted by Mormons a true
statement. Question, in LDS theology, might this mean that God the Father at one point in his existence could have been a sinful man like us? Check out what LDS people have to say about this interesting
question: http://www.godneversinned.com/


#2

According to many Mormons the famous Lorenzo Snow couplet, "As man is,
God once was; As God is, man may be", at least opens the door of
possibility that God might have been a sinner who repented at one
point in his existence.

THINK ABOUT IT...

In the LDS Church, a former adulterer can repent, be forgiven, and accomplish all of his temple
requirements for exaltation (which means that he could become a God
someday). The same is true for a homosexual, so is it even remotely
possible within LDS theology that God the Father might have at one
time in his existence been an adulterer or a homosexual who repented?
Some Mormons will say, "Well, I don't think that God was once an
adulterer or a homosexual, but I guess it might be possible."

REALLY???





#3

Can the famous Lorenzo Snow couplet possibly be true, "As man is, God
once was; As God is, man may be"?

The 1st person comments of God himself in the book of Isaiah
eliminates any possibility that God was once a man or that any man can
become a God:

"You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant
whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before
Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me." (Isaiah
43:10) "


“Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the
Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is
no God... Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that
time, and declared it You are My witnesses. Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’” (Isaiah 44:6,8)


"I am
the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me... That
they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is
none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other... For thus says
the Lord, Who created the heavens, Who is God, Who formed the earth
and made it, Who has established it, Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited: “I am the Lord, and there is no other."
(Isaiah 45:5-6)




Your turn: Should we believe LDS Prophet Lorenzo Snow or God?


Blessings,
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment